Good morning LOVElies!
Every once in a while I get off track with my healthy eating goals… Whether it be a night out with friends or holiday weekends, I allow myself to indulge every once in a while!
And guys, I admit… I don’t feel bad about it. (GASP!)
I love food way too much. Life is too short, and that is why I work so hard to eat healthy on a daily basis so I can enjoy.. guilt free!
It is usually a nice break from my routine and I believe it or not I am usually excited to get back on track when Monday morning rolls around. Here is a great detox smoothie recipe for those mornings where you are ready to get back on track! It is so nutrient dense and filling that you can quick boost your detox in one cup!
This smoothie will trick you into drinking your greens. Spinach and parsley are all jam packed with detoxifying properties, not to mention that they are just nutrient dense anyways. You can go out of your way to find recipes and meals to consume these leafy greens OR…….. you can just drink this.
I promise. It does not taste like you are drinking a salad. The antioxidant filled berries and bananas are the star of the show!
I throw in some chia seeds to add a little added protein to this smoothie. It will keep you feeling fuller longer too!
Feel free to get creative with this recipe but if your goal is to detoxify make sure you watch your sugars! I use water and an unsweetened milk alternative because:
- Juice tends to be high in sugar. We want to keep the sugar on the minimum to aid in the detoxing. Plus the berries, bananas, and apple contain enough natural sugar to make this smoothie taste incredible!
- Cow’s milk can be harder to digest. We want to give our digestive system a BREAK right?
- Make sure your milk alternative is unsweetened! Remember? Low sugar!
Alright guys, enough of my gibberish. Get blendin’!
Ingredients for your detox smoothie-
- 2 cups of frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries.. whatever you prefer!)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 large apple
- 3-4 inch section of a cucumber
- 1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened milk alternative (I prefer coconut milk or almond milk!)
- 1 cup of water
Detox Smoothie Recipe-
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Check the consistency. Add more water if needed.
- Blend for another minute if needed.
- Pour, and enjoy!
Additional smoothie tips!
If you have crazy busy mornings like I do… you can make this smoothie up to a day ahead of time and store in the refrigerator. I like to make mine when I am in the kitchen working on dinner the night before. In the morning I can just grab and go!
You can also turn this into a meal prep smoothie by pre measuring the greens and fruits and storing in a freezer bag. When you are ready to prepare your smoothie, just add water and your milk alternative!
Do you love this detox smoothie recipe? Let me know! Does it make life easier to get back on track? Comment below! I want to hear your stories!