Hello There LOVElies!
These mini bacon wrapped meatloaves are bite sized and packed with flavor! I recently brought them as a appetizer to a dinner party and they were the gone before you could even blink. (I get oddly satisfied when my appetizer is first to disappear at a dinner party.)
They were such a hit! I even surprised a few “venison skeptics” when they didn’t even realize it was made with venison and not ground beef.
Did you know that ground venison has LESS saturated fat and MORE protein than ground beef? oh YES!
Today I am bringing you a sweet little “meatloaf” recipe that can turn even the greatest venison skeptic. It is cute and mini and best of all…… wrapped in bacon. Those are like the two all time qualifiers for a winning recipe in my book: 1) it is miniature 2) its wrapped in bacon.
I had leftover venison so I gave this recipe a second run as a main course for dinner one night. They were so easy to make and I served with with a side of my creamed cauliflower. It totally gave me my “meat and potatoes” fix while being healthier than steak and potatoes!
The key to cooking with venison is simply seasoning it well. I loved this recipe because it uses common seasonings that I already had in my kitchen. All I really needed was the venison and bacon! You can always sub the ground venison with ground beef and it will still be oh so delicious!
I dare you to give venison a try. It will not disappoint, especially if you are living a Paleo lifestyle or just wanting a high protein option to add to your diet.
Grab your muffin tin, and get cooking!
What You’ll Need for your Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Venison
- 1 lb of ground venison
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon FlavorGod garlic lovers seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 8 thin bacon strips
How to prepare your Venison Mini Meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin tin with non stick spray
- In a medium bowl mix together the ground venison with your spices listed above.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and roll into balls
- With each strip of bacon, roll the bacon within the muffin tin so it forms a circle on the outside rim of the muffin tin
- Place each portion of seasoned venison in the middle of each bacon lined muffin tin
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool, and remove with tongs
- Place the mini meatloaves on some folded paper towels to let any extra oils be absorbed. Then transfer to your serving dish!
If you have a hunter in your life that is always offering you venison, or if you know of a family always looking for venison recipes… SHARE this recipe with them today! Maybe they will share some of their delicious venison supply with you! I hope you guys enjoyed this simple, cute, and oh so delicious mini bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe!!