Good Morning LOVElies!!!
I have an awesome chimichurri chicken recipe to share with you today that you are sure to love.
The chimichurri sauce alone is enough to change your world!
I included how to add in some roasted potatoes if you are looking for a nice side dish to serve with the chicken. It would be sinful to let any of that chimichurri sauce go to waste so I also added a few ideas for leftovers!
This reason enough to get excited about dinner tonight! YUM YUM YUM!
Get cooking and have fun LOVElies!
Baked Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
What you need for the chicken:
- 4-6 Chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you need for the chimichurri sauce:
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 5 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Coat oven- safe roasting dish with non-stick spray.
- Season chicken thighs with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat with a splash of olive oil, just enough coat the bottom of the pan and prevent sticking. Add seasoned chicken to the hot pan for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken thighs over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Place chicken in your roasting dish. Pour the 1 teaspoon of honey on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Now for the chimichurri sauce: Add all of the above ingredients into a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chimichurri sauce to roast chicken thighs
CHIMICHURRI CHICKEN SIDE DISH ALERT!!!- If you are wondering what to serve with chimichurri chicken thighs, try adding in some potatoes to your roasting dish!!!
I would suggest small yukon gold potatoes or small red potatoes. Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them in your roasting dish alone for about 10 minutes at the 500 degrees. Just add the chicken into the same oven-safe dish once you have cooked it on the skillet. The last 10 minutes in the oven they can cook together and the potatoes will become tender (and delicious!).
Throw it on the grill– If the weather is nice and you prefer to have chimichurri- glazed grilled chicken, go for it! This recipe totally adaptable for the grill, just add the honey once the chicken is off the grill to achieve a nice glaze without the flare ups.
This recipe totally adaptable for the grill, just add the honey once the chicken is off the grill to achieve a nice glaze without the flare ups.
Leftovers- This is one of those meals that just keeps giving. You will be thankful because it is just that good!
Lunch tomorrow calls for a chimichurri chicken sandwich. Add tomatoes, maybe some lettuce and don’t forget to add the chimichurri sauce. Chimichurri is delicious on so many things, it can be used as a dip for breads, even add a little extra olive oil and use it as a salad dressing.
See? This meal just keeps on giving!
Give this recipe a like or share it with your friends. It is too good not to share the love!!! Let me know what you think! See you guys next time!