Hello there LOVElies! I hope this post finds you well and old man winter isn’t getting you down. Hopefully this post will lift your spirits and get you back to your happy place, cooking up some magic in the kitchen!
So here is the deal:
I recently went to a wedding and was inspired to share this balsamic roasted brussels sprout recipe.
They served brussels sprouts at the buffet and they totally stole the show. I am not kidding, there was a comical the buzz around these brussels sprouts! They upstaged the pork tenderloin, the steak filets… all the typical wedding buffet stars.
“Everything is delicious but did you try the brussels sprouts?”
“You have got to go back to the buffet line for the brussels sprouts, they are to die for!”
I was laughing the entire way to my empty plate and so inspired to give my childhood villian another shot! Yes, I hated brussels spouts as a kid and I am sure I am not alone in that camp. I promise that this recipe will win over even the biggest skeptic!
Best of all:
They are so so so good for you, filling, and YUMMY. A one cup serving will provide you with all the Vitamin C you need for the day. So if you are fighting that cold.. open your heart (and mouth) to some brussels sprouts. They are a great side dish, vegan friendly. I added in some red pepper in this recipe to add some color and variety but you can throw a variety of sister veggies, mushrooms maybe?
If you are looking to turn this recipe into a full meal, just add some skirt steak! Mix up some extra balsamic glaze and mix it all in together for a delicious meal!
Get roastin’ guys!
What you need for your Roasted Sprouts!
- 2 pounds of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 purple onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard
Get Roastin’- How to make your roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 425 and line a large baking sheet with foil and non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, add sprouts, red pepper, purple onion, garlic olive oil, mustard seeds, salt and pepper.
- Toss thoroughly. Don’t hesitate to throw in a little more olive oil if your mixture looks a little dry!
- Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Give everything a nice stir.
- Roast for another 10-15 minutes, until sprouts are tender and starting to golden.
- In a small separate bowl, mix together balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard.
- Pull out sprouts and pour balsamic mixture over while still hot.
- Stir up the sprouts to coat evenly.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It is so easy to throw together and so good for you. I know it changed my mind on these underestimated veggies! Share your story and a picture of your roasted sprouts below! Don’t forget to share us with a friend on Facebook, they are missing out!