So guys, I love hosting friends and family at my place. Most of all, I love cooking for them… my love language is food!
I made the mistake of trying to make omelets for my guests one morning and spend all morning cleaning and chopping.
Everyone’s food was ready at a different time, I kept messing up my omelet flip, and I was over it!
This beautiful vegetarian frittata recipe came into my life and changed my breakfast game FOREVER.
You can customize the vegetables according to what your guests prefer. Your guest’s food is ready all at once, AND you have a filling healthy breakfast to impress.
Best of all, no trying to eat your ugly omelets in the kitchen so your guests don’t see! (I know I’m not the only one!)
This recipe is super customizable, so you can sub any of your veggies for something you may enjoy more or to what is in season. This particular recipe is vegetarian but meat does this breakfast frittata some good as well. Add bacon, sausage.. whatever you want!
What you need for your Vegetarian Frittata Recipe:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup of broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes, you guessed it.. chopped
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp of almond milk, unflavored
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make you delicious vegetarian frittata:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a skillet, cook the oil, onion, and garlic over medium high heat until the onions become translucent and tender (for about 4 minutes).
- In the same skillet, add in the peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for about another 2 minutes. Add a dash more oil if veggies begin to stick.
- Set skillet of vegetables aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Parmesan, Oregano, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes until they become nice and foamy.
- Pour egg mixture over the skillet with the vegetables until they are evenly covered.
- Cook the skillet, without stirring, for about 5 or 6 minutes over medium heat, just enough to set the bottom.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let set for about 5 minutes, slice and serve!
When I served this frittata, I chopped all of my veggies the day before so I could just throw them on the skillet.
Then I used the 10-15 minutes while it was in the oven to serve up the coffee, tea, and fresh fruits.
Talk about a stress free, healthy breakfast that was super impressive (and beautiful!!).
And it gets better:
Easy Clean Up
LOVElies, share this recipe with your friends on Facebook and send me a picture of your beautiful frittatas. I want to hear how yours turned out and the creative combinations you came up with! Happy eating my loves!